eSports Middle East (ESME) came up with its rules and regulation for League of Legends tournament, all players must read this carefully and agree on the mentioned terms, participating in our events means you have read and understood the points mentioned in this article:
– Maximum allowed: 16 teams.
– Every team must have a minimum of 5 members, maximum 7.
– Players must play for one team only during the tournament.
– Every team must select a captain for their team. The captain handles communications to tournament organizers and referee.
– All team members must have valid LoL account on EUNE server.
– Game of players: 5vs5
– Map: Summoner’s rift
– Elimination: Single elimination – Finals is best of 3.
– Server: EUNE
– Games are made as Custom games,Tournament draft-picks.
– Bans: 3 per team.
– Champions: All the champions that player can select.
– Items: All items.
– Age restriction : No age restriction.
– Game Length: Until the winner is determined
– Game Winner: The team who completely destroys their opponent’s nexus or forces their opponent to surrender.
– Surrender is allowed.
– Restrictions may be added. Teams may converse with other teams to get an agreement for bans, this should be brought to the referee or attention to be made official.
– The 5 playing members must be on time in the location, If 5 members are not present in 10 minutes of the games starting time, the game is forfeited to the opposing team.
– Team members are fully allowed to communicate verbally, even when ‘dead’.(Ghost Talking)
– Team that is marked on the left or on the top of the tournament will have the choice to select their side as blue (first pick) or purple (second pick). In a multiple game series, the loser of a game will receive first pick for the next game.
– Draft mode proceeds in a snake draft format as follows:
Blue Team= A; Purple Team = B
Players are allowed to pause if directed by a tournament official, or as part of their allotted pause time per game. During any pause or stoppage, players can’t leave the match area unless they’re officially authorized.
– Each team gets a total of five (5) minutes pause time during a match.
Acceptable reasons for a rematch are:
– Rematch that is requested before the spawn of minions, because of wrong runs or masters.
– Accidental disconnection before the first 2:00 minutes if first blood is not gotten.
– The player experienced a hardware malfunction (monitor, peripheral, etc) or physical disruption (fan interference, table or chair breakage), or a configuration issues (runes, masteries, or summoner spells are not properly applied).
– If the unintentional disconnection occurs after those milestones, the game will continue as normal.
The crashed player may reconnect into the game as soon as they are able.
If a player intentionally disconnects without specifying a reason, then the game will continue as normal.
If a server crash occurs, then the tournament director or head referee will decide either between restarting the game or awarding the game to one of the teams.
– All rematches are played with same bans and picks. (Rematch can also be done as blind pick if all the players have picked their champions.)
– A player can stream the game if both teams agree, player must use a delay of 3 minutes.
– Streaming/spectating by the organizing party can not be denied by players.
About the tournament:
– The Administrators and referee reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organizer decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament.
– All kind of cheating are forbidden. Outside VOIP-software is allowed.
In all unclear and suspected cheating situations, tournaments organizers must be contacted immediately.
eSports Middle East : League of Legends tournament rules version 1.0 – April 14, 2014