A couple hours ago, a new update was launched for the battle royale game Apex Legends, and with it came a bunch of fixes and alot of new features.
Here’s the full patch notes :
Quality of Life:
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to running out of memory or CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
Jump Pad Phase Walk Interactions:
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
It turns out that when the 1.1 update went live, player records were moved to the wrong servers, which had no record of player “persistence.” Because of that, it appeared that all progression had been lost. Fortunately, the fix was relatively easy: Move everyone back to the proper servers. (Obviously it was more complicated than a copy/paste but for those of us unfamiliar with the intricacies of large-scale server architecture, that’s basically what happened.)