After three days of fierce rivalries, the League of Legends Nexus Championship has just ended, closing the curtains on the first official championship from Riot Games in the Arab region, which was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Arab team EGZ Esports, which includes players from Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Lebanon, won first place and won a prize money of $ 400,000 (1.4 million dirhams), overcoming second place in the championship, which was Nasr Esports team, which in turn received a prize of $ 250,000 (920,000 Saudi riyals), Divine Vendetta team in third place, with prize money of $ 100,000 (365,000 AED), and Osh-Tekk Warriors team in fourth place.
The tournament prizes totaled $2 million, or 7.3 million dirhams, and were divided into several tournaments as follows:
- Teams 5 vs 5 Championship: $850,000 in prizes
- Individuals Championship 1 vs 1 – $100,000 in prizes
- Content Creator Championship – $650,000 in prizes
- Cosplay event- $200,000 in prizes
- TeamFight Tactics (TFT) Tournament- $100,000 in prizes
- TeamFight Tactics (TFT) Content Creators Tournament- $100,000 in prizes
Registration took place in 13 out of the 22 Arab countries, and the tournament is considered to be the largest to be held in the region showing the increased support of Riot Games to the region, especially after announcing the localization of the game’s client with full translation to come sometime in the near future.