EA revealed the system requirements for its upcoming Battlefield game just days after the release of the open Beta, and they might not be what you expected.
Even though many players were able to run Battlefield 1 on their PCs yesterday the official minimum specs are here to provide the best experience possible according to EA. GPU and RAM wise it’s not that demanding, but what was surprising is the game requiring an i5 6600k Intel processor or an AMD FX-6350 CPU-wise, making us think that the game is rather CPU heavy.
Game will be supporting DirectX 11 and 12 just like in the Beta, so you need a 64-bit Windows system along the road. Take a look at the full specs below:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
- Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
- DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
- Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
- Hard-drive space: 40GB
Battlefield 1 releases in October for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. An open beta is currently available till the weekend so make sure you try it out.