The first Battlefield title to be developed entirely by a studio other than DICE has gotten reviewed all over the web. So what did critics have to say about Visceral Games’ Battlefield Hardline ?
Hardline got mediocre to good reception. While many praised the game’s campaign that lasts for more than 10 hours on average unlike the previous titles of the series, others didn’t like the TV drama-like approach and described it as weak with no memorable moments.
Most of the reviews are for the Single Player portion of the game. Big outlets held back their opinion until they can try out the Multiplayer live when the game is publicly released today on PC, PS3/4 and Xbox One/360.
- Shack News – 6
- Destructoid – 6
- Polygon – 7
- Gamespot – 7
- IB Times UK – 7 (single-player only)
- PlayStation Universe
- Eurogamer.it (Italian) – 7
- USGamer – 3.5/5
- Ausgamers – 7.3
- PlayStationLifestyle – 7.5
- DailyStar – 4/5
- Hobby Consolas (Spanish) – 85/100
- Eurogamer – no score
- IGN – score pending live multiplayer test
- Videogamer – score pending live multiplayer
- Kotaku – embargo coverage not framed as review
- Gaming Trend – 85
- Gaming Age – A-
- The Sixth Axis – 8
- Venture Beat – 86
- Xbox Achievements – 80
- GamesRadar+ – 3.5/5
- EGM – 7.5
- Attack of the Fanboy – 3.5/5
- God is a Geek – Score pending live multiplayer testing
Have you tried the new game yet? what do you think ?