The first ever eSports Industry Awards was held last night and it took place at The Brewery in central London, with people from all around the industry coming together to celebrate the achievements of this up and coming entertainment force.
18 winners took home the honor as the first ever winners of such an event, with four crowned in the run up to the event and the other 14 handed out live on the night. Overwatch snagged New eSports Game of the Year, while Counter Strike: Global Offensive took home the prize for eSports Game of the Year.
Presented by Julia Hardy and Jason Bradley, the winners from the eSports Industry Awards can be seen below:
- eSports Journalist of the Year – Richard Lewis
- eSports Photographer of the Year – Robert Paul
- Best eSports Coverage Website – theScore eSports
- UK eSports Player of the Year – Callum “Swanny” Swan
- Best Hardware Provider – Scuf Gaming
- New eSports Game of the Year – Overwatch
- eSports Rookie of the Year – Amer “Miracle-” al-Barqawi
- eSports Broadcaster of the Year – Auguste “Semmler” Massonnat
- eSports Live Event of the Year – The International 6
- eSports Team of the Year – Team EnVyUs
- eSports Commercial Partner of the Year – Monster
- Best Streaming Platform – Twitch
- Console Player of the Year – Seth “Scump” Abner
- PC Player of the Year – Marcelo “Coldzera” David
- eSports Publisher of the Year – Valve
- Streamer of the Year – Michael “Imaqtpie” Santana
- eSports Game of the Year – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- eSports Personality of the Year – Gabriel “FalleN” Toledo
Congratulations to all !