Fortnite received a new update today that add a game-changing item to the game, along side some minor fixes.
the new item is called Air Strike, and here’s it’s official details :
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
The only other change for Fortnite: Battle Royale was a mobile tweak, with Epic Games making “the amount of eliminations required for a Victory Royale in the Team Rumble Limited Time Mode […] 50 from 150 on Switch, Android, and iOS devices.”
Today’s patch does not require a download, and the new Air Strike item is available in-game right now with no server maintenance, downtime or a patch file. Unfortunately, the lack of a download means that data-miners will not be able to leak any more content until next week’s v9.40 update.