A new CS:GO update has been released, which brings gameplay changes in the form of a nerf to the AUG and a celebration for the game 20th anniversary.
The only gameplay changes are reducing the rate of fire as well as unscoped accuracy of the AUG “to bring its utility more in line with other rifles.”
Also, Valve dropped the Chicken Capsule cosmetics and some small changes to CS:GO’s battle royale game mode, Danger Zone. In the warmup, players spawn with a random pistol and closer to a teammate. Valve also fixed a bug that allowed players to duplicate items by disarming an opponent.
Finally. Valve Celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike with a retro version of Dust II, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group.
The full changelog looks as follows:
– Celebrate 20 years of Counter-Strike with a retro version of Dust II, currently available in the Casual Dust II map group.
– The Chicken Capsule is now available for purchase in-game.
– Adjustments to the AUG to bring its utility more in line with other rifles.
— Slightly reduced rate of fire.
— Reduced accuracy while unscoped.
– Fixed an exploit involving duplication of items dropped by disarming another player.
– Players in warmup spawn closer to their teammate.
– Players in warmup now spawn with a random pistol.