The eternal war between developers of the famous battle royal game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and hackers continue, as the company introduces new matchmaking system to impact their effect and announces more new content on the way
Bluehole has announced that it’s bringing many changes to the game in the upcoming weeks, including an all new map and a ping lock system. The unannounced map will be revealed in March, along a host of new features that are gonna make the game deeper and “more realistic”.
As for the matchmaking system, it looks like Bluehole is planning on restricting players with higher pings from entering servers that are far away from them. This will help optimize the experience for players within the allowed Ping range while effectively preventing players from China from entering NA or EU servers, something which many players have been asking for.
In other news, a new update is currently being tested in the test servers and is expected to go live in the coming days. Below are the changes introduced:
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat