The global conference that has been around for more than 5 years will mark its first appearance in the Middle East, with Informa Markets announcing XLive Middle East, the latest esports introductory summit in the region
The new XLive Summit will kick off on October 23-24 in collaboration with a number of local partners, most notably Middle East Games Con, as XLive takes place during the lead up to the ME GamesCon event aiming to educate the market and understand opportunities in the rapidly growing esports market, specifically for the MENA region.
The two-day event will discuss important topics related to esports such as education, technology, tourism, travel and economics, as well as specialized workshops to communicate the necessary information. The list of speakers on the various panels of the Summit includes some of the most prominent global leaders in the field of esports:
- Allan Phang – Esports President at Air Asia
- Jesal Parekh – COO, Team Flash
- Mattias Lovgren – CEO, Epulze
- Hiromi Ishikawa – Chairman, Vantan Game Academy
- Juliana Mamoni – co-founder, IB Media
- Frank A. Sliwka – CEO, Esports Holidays
- Lokesh Suji – Director, Esports Federation of India & Asian Esports Federation
- Adam Whyte – Founder and VP, Edge
- Eirik Henningsen – CEO, Viking FC
The event will take place in Abu Dhabi, specifically at the newly opened The Hive ADNEC Abu Dhabi Convention Center. Sessions will run from 10am to 6pm. You can find out more information at the official ME Gamescon link.